Yum is an extremely popular system to download, install, and update RPM-based packages from multiple repositories. Proven Scaling has launched a set of repositories to augment the existing central distributions’ repositories with packages our customers need for deploying MySQL-based systems. We’ve been working on it for a while, and have had many people making use of it. We are providing:
- RPMs of community and enterprise releases of MySQL for RHEL/CentOS, as built by MySQL and distributed on MySQL.com
- RPMs of community tools such as maatkit and innotop and their dependencies.
- Proven Scaling-created tools such as mysql_snapshot (an LVM snapshot-based backup utility).
- Difficult to find RPMs of Perl libraries (dependencies for other scripts, such as innotop).
Here are the yum repositories we are providing:
- community releases of MySQL 5.0 for RHEL 3/4/5
- enterprise releases of MySQL 5.0 for RHEL 3/4/5
- extra tools for MySQL systems for most Linuxes
To install these repositories, grab the .repo file and place it in /etc/yum.repos.d/. You should then be able to install packages using e.g. yum install maatkit. Here are the .repo files:
We hope you like them and find them useful! Let me know if there are any additional packages you think we should add.